# Mario Román
- Kleene Award for the best student paper at the IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LiCS) 2021 for “Monoidal Streams for Dataflow Programming”.
- PhD Candidate, ongoing. University of Tallinn. Author of seven peer-reviewed articles on category theory and programming language theory.
- MSc. in Mathematics and Foundations of Computer Science. University of Oxford, GPA 9.14/10.
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship. Awarded 2000€ for the development of Mikrokosmos, a didactic functional programming language. Department of Algebra, University of Granada, Spain.
- Simultaneously a BSc. in Computer Science and a BSc. in Mathematics. University of Granada, Spain, GPA 9.55/10.
- International Mathematical Olympiad. Trained into mathematical problem solving for two high-school years. National gold medal (ex aequo), and International Honourable Mention.